Hyundai's flagship luxury sedan offers unsurpassed refinement while exceeding expectations with advanced luxury amenities and modern premium design
A rear-drive premium luxury sedan setting new standards in refinement, performance, dynamics, safety and distinctive design
|Rear Cross-traffic Alert
||Most comprehensive set of standard safety & convenience features in the Premium Luxury class
|Power door closure
||Advanced Heads-up Display (HUD) with Blind Spot Detection indicator (Ultimate model)
|Proximity key — additional card type
||Standard exclusive Lexicon Premium audio system
|Power lumbar (rear driver side seat)
||Extraordinary cabin volume
|Multi-view camera system
||Doesn't require premium fuel
|Smart Cruise Control with stop/start
|9.2 inch center stack LCD Screen
|7 inch color TFT display
|12.3 inch color full TFT IP display
|Steering wheel haptic dial control
|LED fog lights
|Dual rear 9.2 inch monitors
|*NOTE: Competitive Advantages based on comparisons against core competitors: Lexus LS460, BMW 750i, Mercedes S550, Audi A8, Cadillac XTS
2015 Equus highlightsAutomatic Collision Notification
Enhanced Roadside Assistance
SOS Emergency Assistance
2015 Equus is a carry-over model. There are no changes from 2014MY.
• Sculpted, refined, and
LED fog and rear turn
• Adaptive front Xenon
• Fascia-integrated dual
• Luxurious and sporty
19-inch, premium alloy
wheels with staggered
• Genuine premium wood trim accents and leather-wrapped instrument panel
• Lexicon® 7.1 Discrete surround-sound audio system with 17 speakers, premium navigation
system with integrated Driver Information System (DIS)
• Dual power, driver memory, heated and cooled front seats
• Power rear side window and rear sunshades and power trunk lid
• Outboard rear seats with power recline and lumbar adjustment
Comfort and Convenience
• Standard Hyundai BlueLink® telematics system and BlueLink® Connected Care
• Supervision instrument cluster w/7-inch LCD TFT
•12.3-inch full TFT LCD instrument cluster display
• 9.2-inch upper center stack LCD navigation
• Climate control system offers three distinct cabin
— Driver, passenger & rear compartment
• Standard smart cruise control with stop/start
(from 0 mph)
• Proximity smart key with both key FOB and card-
•Dual 9.2-inch rear seat entertainment monitors
• Power door closure
• Power lumbar for rear outboard seats
• Electronically-controlled air suspension with ride height selection and Continuous Damping
Control including driver-selected Sport damping mode
— Normal mode receives enhanced ride comfort
— Sport mode receives crisper damper tuning for improved body control
— Snow mode added to drive mode system
• Standard Blue Link Connected Care (1-year complimentary service)
• Standard Rear Cross-traffic Alert
• Standard Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
• Heads-up display (HUD) designed for reduced driving distraction. Information items project
directly on the windshield in the driver's line of sight. Can be turned on and off at driver's
— Vehicle speed
— Turn-by-turn navigation
— Smart cruise control
— Lane departure warning system
— Blind spot detection
• Vehicle multi-view 360° camera system — front, side & rear views
Blue Link™ Telematics System
What is Blue Link? Blue Link is Hyundai’s innovative telematics solution that combines safety, service and infotainment into a complete package. It works to both help simplify Hyundai owners’ lives and reduce distracted driving.
What does Blue Link Offer? Blue Link offers 25 features in three packages, which provide customers a multitude of telematics services for their vehicle. You can learn more about Blue Link on www.HyundaiBlueLink.com.
Blue Link Connected Care Package (1-Year Trial)
Monthly Vehicle Health Report
Auto Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Notification
Blue Link App (smartphone)
Remote Package (3-month trial)
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Remote Horn and Lights
Stolen Vehicle Recovery
Stolen Vehicle Slowdown
Guidance Package (3-month trial)
Destination Search powered by Google
Point-of-Interest Web Search and Download
* Requires Push-button start and either A/T or DCT. Climate Control feature requires
fully-automatic temperature control.
** For vehicles without factory-installed navigation
BlueLink Telematics Video Guide
Blue Link consumer website
BlueLink Competitive Comparison
Blue Link Packages/Content/Fees
Blue Link Operations Chart
See below for more Product Links
- 5.0-liter DOHC Tau® Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) V8
(named one of Ward’s 10 Best Engines, 2011):
- 429 horsepower @ 6,400 rpm
421 horsepower @ 6,400 rpm
- 376 lb.-ft. of torque @ 5,000 rpm (premium fuel)
365 lb.-ft. of torque @ 5,000 rpm (regular fuel)
- Dual Continuously Variable Valve
Timing (D-CVVT): Provides more
responsive performance in all driving situations
- Tuned Intake System (TIS): increases low- and high-speed power output in
all weather and altitude conditions
- Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI): Provides increased performance, improved fuel efficiency and lower emissions
- Hydraulic Valve Lash Adjustment (HLA): Reduces maintenance
- Steel timing chain: Service interval inspection at 105,000 miles
- Iridium double-tipped spark plugs: Replacement at 105,000 miles
- Performance rear-wheel drive orientation with fully independent suspension
- Premium 19-inch turbine-blade polished alloy wheels with P245/45R19 (front) and P275/40R19 (rear) tires
- Dual asymmetrical exhaust with chrome tips integrated into the rear bumper
- Ultra-premium leather seating surfaces
- Power windows with auto-down/up: On all four windows
- Microfiber suede headliner
- 12-way power driver’s seat with lumbar adjustment, seat cushion extender; seat adjustments are door mounted.
- 10-way power front passenger’s seat:
seat adjustments are door mounted.
- Heated/cooled front seats
- Integrated Memory System (IMS):
Programmable for 2 people. Programs
driver-side seat, outside mirrors and steering wheel position; engine must be running.
- For ease of entry/exit, Equus automatically retracts the steering wheel inward and moves the seat rearward when the driver's door is opened. Program under personal settings.
- 60/40 power reclining outboard seats: Include adjustable side headrest
bolsters, center armrest with control console and drink holders and outboard heated rear seats (bottom and back).
- Power rear sunshade: With controls in front and rear seat areas; once activated, the screen will automatically go down when the transmission is placed in reverse.
- Premium navigation system with Driver
Information System (DIS) featuring a 9.2-inch display and multimedia
controller: Easy to operate; includes vehicle settings.
- Lexicon® 7.1 Discrete Logic 7® surround sound system: AM/FM/HD Radio™/
SiriusXM®/in-dash DVD changer, 598-watt
Lexicon® 13-channel digital external amplifier and 17 speakers
- Auto Volume Control (AVC): speed sensitive volume
- iPod®/USB and MP3 auxiliary input jacks
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone system
- 17 Lexicon speakers
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- Remote and Proximity Key entry with push-button start,
now also includes a card-type proximity key for 2015MY.
- Three-zone Automatic Temperature Control with Air
Quality System (AQS): Automatically senses outdoor air
pollutants and switches to recirculation air
mode to minimize pollutants from entering the vehicle.
- Heated, wood-trimmed and leather-wrapped steering
wheel: Heating element stays on for 30 minutes after activation:
— Steering wheel includes audio, smart cruise control,
voice recognition, Bluetooth® phone, Lane
Departure Warning System (LDWS) and trip
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel
- Leather-wrapped dash and real wood interior trim
- Electroluminescent instrument cluster
(Supervision): Signature has a 7.0-inch TFT LCD screen, while Ultimate models have a full 12.3-inch
TFT LCD instrument cluster display that changes
screen color themes depending on the driving mode that the vehicle is in.
- Sunroof: Power tilt-and-slide glass
- Solar glass
- Acoustic-laminated glass: On the windshield and front and
rear door windows: helps reduce wind noise.
- Premium-grade floor mats: Front and rear
- Trunk can be opened four ways: keyless remote, micro-switch (if car is
unlocked or Proximity Key is present), interior remote and using the mechanical key.
- Trunk includes cargo net, 18-inch alloy wheel/tire, first aid kit and cargo mat.
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with HomeLink® and compass
- Rain-repelling front side windows: improves visibility.
ADDITIONAL COMFORT & CONVENIENCE FEATURES
ADDITIONAL SAFETY FEATURE:
- Multi-view camera system: Provides a 360-degree visual around the entire vehicle.
- Forward-view cornering camera provides an extra margin of safety for negotiating tight urban alleys and parking areas with poor visibility.
- Two side cameras are installed in the side mirrors.
- Standard rearview camera is integrated for the rearview angle:
— When the multi-view camera system is turned on, the default image displays an aerial
— The multi-view camera system can be toggled between front, rear and side camera
- Power trunk lid with vehicle lock function
- Steering wheel haptic dial control
- Full 12.3 inch TFT LCD instrument cluster display screen
- Power Rear side-window sunshades:
Window controlled and operated; second-up operates the sunshade.
- Power lumbar: Rear outboard seats
- Power door closure
- Heated and cooled rear seats: Enhance comfort in all weather conditions.
- Rear-Seat Entertainment System: With dual 9.2-inch LCD monitors
- Rear-seat power up/down head restraints: With manual tilt and side bolsters
- Rear-seat illuminated vanity mirrors and reading lights
— Information is projected directly on the windshield
in the driver's line of sight. Includes vehicle speed,
turn-by-turn navigation, Smart Cruise Control,
Lane Departure Warning System and Blind Spot
— Projected items can be turned on and off at the
SIGNATURE AND ULTIMATE
Advanced Safety Technology
ACTIVE ADVANCED SAFETY (Accident Avoidance)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
System with Pre-Collision Warning
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC) with Stop/Start Feature
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)(image shown)
- 4-wheel disc brakes
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS)
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights with LED turn signal indicators
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFLS) with auto-leveling and automatic headlights
- LED fog lights
- Visibility features: Wiper deicer, rain-sensing wipers and auto-defogger humidity and rain sensors are located behind the interior mirror
ADDITIONAL SAFETY FEATURES
- Electronic Parking Brake (EPB)
- Automatic Vehicle Hold
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Parking Guide System (PGS)
- Dual power-folding heated auto-dimming side mirrors
PASSIVE ADVANCED SAFETY
(In Case of Accident)
- Nine Airbags: Advanced dual front
airbags, front and rear seat-mounted side-impact airbags, driver knee airbag, roof-mounted side-curtain airbags
Electronic active front head restraints with power controls
: activate electronically to protect against
neck injury; when the seat slides forward or rearward, the height of the
headrest automatically adjusts, increasing both comfort and stability in a
- Electronic seatbelt pretensioners: take the slack out of seatbelts in the
event of a certain collision
Equus delivers premium luxury amenities, powertrain refinement, advanced technologies, sophisticated design and uncompromised safety.
Premium Luxury Amenities
Genuine premium wood trim accents and leather-wrapped instrument panel
Lexicon® 7.1 Discrete surround-sound audio system with 17 speakers, premium navigation
system with integrated Driver Information System (DIS)
Dual power, driver memory, heated and cooled front seats
Power rear side window and rear sunshades & power trunk lid
Outboard rear seats with power recline and lumbar adjustment
5.0L Tau GDI V8 429 HP engine — 2011 Ward's Ten Best Engines
Performance-oriented rear-drive configuration
8-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC®
Electronically-controlled air suspension with ride height selection and Continuous Damping
Control including driver-selected Sport damping mode
Multi-view camera system
Adaptive front Xenon HID headlamps w/LED fog lights
Smart Cruise Control with stop/start and Front Collision Warning system
Supervision instrument cluster w/7" LCD TFT screen
• 12.3" full TFT LCD instrument cluster
Sophisticated Design Cues
Sculpted, refined, and sophisticated
Luxurious and sporty 19-inch premium
alloy wheels with staggered fitment,
ultra-wide 245/275mm, low-profile tires
LED front and rear turn signal lamps
Fascia-integrated dual asymmetrical
chrome exhaust tips
Uncompromised Safety Technologies
Nine airbags — Dual front, front and rear torso side-impact, side air curtain and driver knee
Seatbelt Tensioning System — integrated sensors
provide early detection of potential collisions and
retract seatbelts in addition to providing haptic
feedback via seat belt vibration
Hyundai's first Lane Departure Warning System
• Blind Spot Detection (BSD) with Rear Cross-
• Heads-up Display (HUD)
Fully-integrated Vehicle Stability Management
(VSM), including ESC, TCS, ABS, EBD and
| EQUUS Functionality
When you push the Unlock Button on Proximity Key fob, it activates Approach Lamps that are located under the outside mirrors; when doors are opened, Entry Lights also add illumination to aid driver and passengers into the vehicle.
The feature, "Press once to unlock all doors" can be programmed through the DIS system. Default is set to
“Press once to unlock driver’s door.”
Refer to your Owner’s Manual for
Image shows proximity range to each door and trunk:
• If you open the driver door, only the driver
• If you open any other door, all the doors
Unlock: Pull the handle to unlock.
Proximity Key must be within range.
Lock: Press the door
handle lock button.
Note: The lock button will not unlock the door.
Scrolling through controller: Push to the left, right, backwards, forwards or diagonally; diagonal movement is only used on the map screen.
Turning the controller: Turn the controller until the desired menu item is highlighted.
Pressing the controller: Confirm a highlighted menu item.
Toggle left and right for split screen navigation.
|Trunk Operation—SIGNATURE AND ULTIMATE
There are four ways to unlock the trunk on
1. Use the manual key
2. Touchpad: Press to open, Proximity Key needs to be within
3. Press and hold the button on the key FOB.
4. Press the release button in the vehicle.
|The valet trunk lockout button is used to prevent unauthorized access
to the trunk.
To activate the valet lockout system:
1. Open the glove box.
2. Press the trunk lock button off. In the off position, the trunk
can only be opened with the mechanical key.
3. Remove the mechanical key from the Proximity Key.
4. Close and lock the glove box with the mechanical key.
Without the mechanical key, the Proximity Key can only start the engine and
operate door locks.
EQUUS Ultimate has two additional trunk features:
a power trunk and power
There are three ways to
activate the power trunk
1. Press Proximity Key TRUNK button.
2. Power trunk main control button in the
vehicle: Press to open, press and hold to close.
3. Use the touchpad button on the read deck lid.
2013MY image shown