|Awards and Accolades
Tucson is listed as "Recommended by Consumer Guide Automotive
in the compact-sport-utility vehicle category for the 2007 Editors'
The Yahoo! Autos Green Center ranked the 2007 Tucson as one of the top 100 “Green” cars for 2007.
Tucson is named "Model with Most Improved Reliability"
by Consumer Reports in its 2007 Annual Reliability Survey.
Cars.com recognized the Hyundai Tucson as the "Best
Deal for Weekend Athletes" in its 2007 first annual Lifestyle
Author Jack Gillis and the Center for Auto Safety named the Tucson a “Best Bet” in The Car Book 2007, which selects vehicles based on how well they respond to the safety and performance needs of today’s consumers.
J.D. Power and Associates announced the 2006 Hyundai
Tucson earned the trophy for the highest initial quality in
the compact multi-activity vehicle (MAV) segment.
Changes for 2008:
- Addition of black leather interior (October start of production)
- Addition of Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) (December
start of production)
- Addition of auxiliary jack (December start of production)
- Addition of XM Satellite radio (December start of production)
- Addition of front seat active head restraints (December
start of production)
- Addition of Limited 4-cylinder model (December start of
- Standard cruise control for GLS A/T
- Standard CD changer for Limited
- Available cargo net for SE & Limited
- Received the US Government’s Highest Crash Test Ratings
- NHTSA 5-star frontal crash ratings (driver and passenger)
- NHTSA 5-star side crash ratings (front and rear)
- 2005 J.D. Power IQS: Highest quality all-new vehicle in the industry
- 2006 J.D. Power IQS: Best in class quality, “Highest Ranked Compact Multi-Activity Vehicle in Initial Quality”
Advanced standard safety equipment:
- Six standard airbags: advanced dual front airbags, front seat-mounted side-impact airbags and roof-mounted side curtain airbags
- Standard Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- Standard Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Available 2.7L DOHC V6 engine
- Key competitors offer only 4-cylinder engines
Great standard seating and cargo configurations:
- Full fold-flat seating
- Durable composite cargo floor
- Multiple cargo configurations
Quality and reliability:
- Backed by America's best warranty
|Who's Buying Tucson
everyone can be a Tucson buyer
- It appeals
to Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, and Jeep Liberty shoppers who are
looking for a better value
- The Tucson is the right size for families and singles
- It meets everyone's needs with front-wheel drive and 4-wheel
|Why They Buy
- Versatility, class leading safety, standard ABS/ESC/TCS
- Choice of performance - 4 cyl. or 6 cyl. engines
- Great cargo configurations
- 2007 Tucson is listed as "Recommended" by Consumer
Guide Automotive in the compact-sport-utility vehicle
category for the 2007 Editors' Picks.
- The 2007 Tucson earned the title "Best Bet"
from author Jack Gillis' The Car Book and the Center
for Auto Safety.
- 2007 Tucson named "Model with Most Improved Reliability
by Consumer Reports in its Annual Reliability Survey.